Sunday, October 17, 2010

Quilters Delight

Hello Friends: I've been so very busy over the past month. The semester has begun and along with the beginning of classes are any numbers of projects and papers to stay on top of. I did manage to have a few friends over to celebrate my birthday in the best way. We spent the evening making cards for the troops. Many, many thanks to Jackie, Lynette, Carol, Neal, Carrie, Rita and Kathleen. My dear friend Joanne flew in from Denver to attend a wonderful Quilt Symposium at Michigan State University. So, I was able to personally hand her the box of cards I spent the last few weeks completing. Needless to say, she was amazed and delighted. And, she gave me a small quilt hanging. I was tickled. It's so great to receive handmade treasures! Here are a few photos of the cards I included in her box. I have a list of others I plan to make these delightful little treats for. Enjoy and have a wonderful week or two until we meet again!

2 comments:

Angel ^j^ said... Best Blogger Tips

Those cards and box are to die for! WHat a cute themed set for a quilters' present - with a book of stamps, LOL. So how is MI - Cold enough yet? Its 78 degrees here today ...hahaha... thats cold for GA! TTYS, Angel

Sammy Jo said... Best Blogger Tips

Ahhhh Angel, are you laughing at us Northern girls and our chilly weather? I love it. The heat is too high for me most of the time in GA. Thanks for the comment (giggles)

Post a Comment